Good Afternoon, Friends of Fayetteville Comic Con;
Sometimes, it seems like the world history is being written by comic book writers; always adding a twist or a cliff hanger when you JUST WANT THE PLOT TO RESOLVE!
Well, here is the latest twist that has hit us.
Although we had a high level of confidence that the rescheduled FCC Spring Show would happen on May 22nd and 23rd, the most recent announcements from Governor Cooper and the Crown Expo Center in Fayetteville have put a stop to ALL ACTIVITIES (other than the Vaccination Clinic activities) through the month of May.
I know that we all are DESPERATE to get back to live shows for our businesses to be successful, but FCC has our hands tied on this topic, as we are under contract with the venue.
We had worked extremely hard to get this “Retail Show” going ever since the county allowed the Crown to host a “Gun Show” in December. We had redrawn our floor plan, procured sanitizing stations and masks, and rewrote guest contracts that we have been sitting on since last Spring.
BAD NEWS ABOVE.
GOOD NEWS BELOW.
North Carolina is targeting June 1st for relaxed restrictions. NC Governor Roy Cooper and North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mandy Cohen laid out a timeline for lifting current pandemic restrictions.
The key points are:
- The state expects to lift mandatory social distancing, capacity, and mass gathering restrictions by June 1.
- The state anticipates lifting the mask mandate and easing other public health recommendations, once 2/3 of adult North Carolinians have received at least one vaccine dose and if trends remain stable. Currently, 46.9 percent of adult North Carolinians have received at least 1 dose and 35.1 percent are fully vaccinated.
This means that we are able to plan a FULL SHOW with Cosplay Contests and Panels, Main Stage Events and Food for:
JUNE 19th and 20th
This means those that we’re doing Hickory now have the weekend possibly open to do FCC. This was the date that Heroes Con was scheduled, so we hope that this will also fill an empty weekend for our Vendors and Artists. We will be moving back to April in 2022, but when life gives you lemons …
So we are needing to POSTPONE one last time.
Please respond with your decision based on below:
- Move registration to June 19th and 20th. If you have paid for the Spring 2021 Show, or had 2020 credit and already confirmed registration, no additional action is required. You will be contacted in June to confirm and receive final instructions.
- Move Registration to October 16th & 17th with no additional action required. You will be contacted in August to confirm.
- Cancel and refund Spring 2021 Registration fees.
- You will not attend in June, but we should contact you about October.
Again, thank you so much. This should mean we will be back at a much higher capacity, so a much larger customer base for you.
There will still be some changes. Fewer celebrity guests because of travel restrictions other places in the country. No gamers alley, so we can still spread out a little and limit “high touch areas”. Fewer main stage events.
As always, thank you;
Keith D. Gibbs
CEO and President, Fayetteville Comic Con